Lanesboro Arts, February 13 – April 1, 2021 • Selection of 21 quilts
Textile Center, Joan Mondale Gallery, September 15 – December 24, 2020
Gone but Never Forgotten: Remembering Those Lost to Police Brutality is a national juried exhibition showcasing 26 quilts that honor those whose lives were violently ended due to police negligence and brutality and critiques the targeting and criminalization of Black bodies throughout history.
This exhibition is part of Textile Center and Women of Color Quilters Network’s We Are the Story initiative.
Make an appointment to visit Textile Center and view the exhibition here.
(Header image: Detail from WRITING on the Wall, Deborah Fell)
- Enee Abelman (St. Petersburg, FL) – Say Their Names!
- Linda Asbury (Stone Mountain, GA) – Her Name is Beloved Speak Her Name: Secoriea Turner
- Sharon V. Buck (Newport, TN) – Don’t Let My Name Fade Away
- Ora Clay (Oakland, CA) – And Counting…
- Donnette A. Cooper (Washington, DC) – Justice Flatlined
- Cheryl M. Coulter (Bloomington, MN) – Last Cry
- Rebecca Cynamon-Murphy (Wheaton, IL) – Everybody Gonna Shine
- Deborah Fell (Champaign, IL) – WRITING on the Wall
- Gloria Gammage Davis (Philadelphia, PA) – Hands Up
- Gwen Gordon (Tucker, GA) – Know Their Faces
- Marilyn Hamilton Jackson (Springfield Gardens, NY) – Say Their Names
- Gloria Kellon (Shaker Heights, OH) – Emanuel Nine Martyrs
- Susan Brubaker Knapp (Chapel Hill, NC) – I’ll Fly Away
- Angela Lanier (Oxon Hills, MD) – Inspangered
- Carol Larson (Petaluma, CA) – Somebody’s Child
- Zoe Lautz (Minneapolis, MN) – Sandra
- Tomasita Louviere-Ligons (Austin, TX) – Invocation
- Clara Nartey (West Haven, CT) – Charleena
- Gwen Triay Samuels (Albuquerque, NM) – View of Heaven from My Window
- Gwen Schagrin (Minneapolis, MN) – George Floyd: A Tipping Point
- Jill Slipper Scholtz (Eden Prairie, MN) – Not Minnesota Nice
- Carole Gary Staples (West Chester, OH) – Corona Virus with Police Brutality on the Fringe
- Jane Hill Stokes (Lewes, DE) – How Many Deaths Will it Take
- Dixie L. Walker (Clinton, MA) – Justice
- Janice Willis (Altadena, CA) – A Mother’s Lament
- Sauda A. Zahra (Durham, NC) – Mourning