5/1/20 — COVID-19 hit us all hard and fast, leading to major changes that we never would have imagined just a few months ago. Be assured that Textile Center is resilient, and our tireless staff and Board of Directors are working to innovate and adapt our programs as we face challenges created by the COVID-19 pandemic.
To raise funds for this effort, we announce Textile Center’s (Re) Imagine & Engage Campaign, and we launch it as part of the week-long, statewide #GiveatHomeMN initiative through GiveMN. We are moving quickly to develop and deliver programming with state-of-the-art technology and services for use in socially distanced classroom settings at Textile Center and online. If you are able, would you join our circle of investors? A gift of any size makes a difference!
Textile Center thrives because our community forms a vivid tapestry of fiber artists and appreciators. Fiber art and textiles bring together generations and cultures through practical and creative applications … ranging from what we wear to what we design for use in our homes.
We are also proud of how our fiber art community embraces a call to action, and we applaud all of you who have been sewing masks for health care and social service settings, for your family and friends, and for the person in need who lives down the street.
Textile Center shines when we come together in community, and we’re not going to let COVID-19 define us. We will find new ways to connect … through social distancing and the use of technology.
During the month of May, we will unveil plans for how we can deliver programming at Textile Center through social distancing and other safety measures, as well as through the use of technology. Your investment in our (Re) Imagine & Engage Campaign will not only help us deliver our programming and services effectively during this pandemic, but it will also help carry Textile Center forward in the years to come.
Donations can be made in the following ways:
- Give online at our Give at Home MN page or on this page below
- Mail a check to Textile Center at 3000 University Ave SE, Minneapolis, MN 55414
Textile Center makes it easy to give in a variety of ways:
- Give appreciated stocks, bonds, or mutual fund shares (which may be more tax efficient than cash) .
- Make a qualified charitable distribution from your IRA. The IRA Charitable Rollover law allows those 70½ and older to give up to $100,000 without paying federal income tax upon withdrawal.
- Ensure your contribution goes further by choosing to make your online gift “sustaining,” and your credit card will be charged monthly.
- Join our Leadership Circle, a special category of membership and support, which provides access to special making and artist events, tours, and other exciting opportunities!