Textile Center makes it easy to give in a variety of ways:
- Give appreciated stocks, bonds, or mutual fund shares (which may be more tax efficient than cash) .
- Make a qualified charitable distribution from your IRA. The IRA Charitable Rollover law allows those 70½ and older to give up to $100,000 without paying federal income tax upon withdrawal.
- Ensure your contribution goes further by choosing to make your online gift “sustaining,” and your credit card will be charged monthly.
- Join our Leadership Circle — a special category of membership and support, which provides access to special making and artist events, tours, and other exciting opportunities!
- Mail a check to Textile Center at 3000 University Ave SE, Minneapolis, MN 55414.
- Call Textile Center to make a credit card donation at 612-436-0464 (Open 11 am – 3 pm, Tuesday – Saturday).
If you have any questions about these options, contact Karl Reichert at email@example.com
When we look back on the last year, we are filled with awe as we reflect on how our fiber art community has come together, using art as a way to inspire and inform, and spark creativity and connection.
Here are a few ways we saw this at play in 2021:
- Last winter, we had our inaugural McKnight Fiber Artist Fellows exhibition, with work by Liz Miller and Eun-Kyung Suh filling the Joan Mondale and Community Galleries.
- In the spring, and in the midst of a drought, dye garden expert Ceci Lewis and volunteers worked hard to maintain the Garden to Dye For.
- In the summer, we wrapped up We Are the Story – a series of quilt exhibitions confronting issues of racism and police brutality, co-presented by Textile Center and Women of Color Quilters Network, and curated by Carolyn Mazloomi. A member of Textile Center’s National Artist Advisory Council, we were pleased to award Carolyn with a 2021 Spun Gold Award at our Annual Meeting in August.
- This fall, the Garage Sale Occasional Shop returned to our old stomping grounds at the U of MN ReUse Program Warehouse (at a smaller scale), offering mountains of textile goods to our community at low prices. We’ve enjoyed seeing what you’ve created on Instagram with the hashtag #textilecentergaragesale.
- All year long, we continued to expand our online shop with artisan goods for makers and appreciators, in addition to our physical shop.
As we look to 2022, we are thrilled to start the new year with new exhibitions, including our 2021 McKnight Fiber Artist Fellowship exhibition, with work by Sarah Kusa and Ka Oskar Ly, premiering in the Joan Mondale Gallery on Tuesday, January 18, 2022.
We are also excited that adult classes are back at full force (with continued COVID safety precautions), and we have many offerings – both old favorites and brand new classes – scheduled for January through April, 2022.
During these final days of the 2021 tax year, will you consider making a tax-deductible gift to Textile Center?
The 2021 CARES Act allows taxpayers to deduct donations to a charity! Taxpayers can claim a deduction of up to $300 for cash contributions, and married couples filing jointly can claim up to $600. We appreciate a year-end gift of any size.
We are grateful to all of you who have taken classes, viewed our exhibitions, volunteered your time and expertise, and made financial contributions.
We look forward to seeing you in 2022.
Textile Center Executive Director