Textile Center Dye Lab is a state-of-the-art facility available for rent by members and used extensively in our classes and youth programs. Designed to be a functional and safe place to work with dyes and related chemicals, it is equipped for almost any dye or surface design project.
You must complete the Dye Lab training prior to rental of the Dye Lab! Check our class schedule for upcoming dates.
Full Day / 9 am – 5 pm
Individual / First Person (Renter) $45 (member) / $95 (nonmember)
Additional people: $10 each (member) / $20 each (nonmember)
Additional adjacent classroom: $60 (member) / $200 (nonmember)
Half Day / 9 am – 12 noon or 1 – 4 pm
Individual / First Person (Renter) $25 (member) / $55 (nonmember)
Additional people: $5 each (member) / $10 each (nonmember)
Additional adjacent classroom: $30 (member) / $120 (nonmember)
Use of large dye vat or steam cabinet $25 per day (member) / $55 per day (nonmember)
Use of steam closet: $25 (member) / $55 (nonmember). Training required.
Key Card deposit: $25. Training required.
Become a member for reduced rental rates! textilecentermn.org/member
To rent the dye lab, please call 612-436-0464 or email Sharon to check available dates.
Tools and Equipment in the Dye Lab
- Four, independently-controlled ventilation hoods at work stations
- Fire extinguisher
- Eye wash station
- Easy to clean stainless steel and laminate countertops
- Gas shutoff valves
Use of the following items and equipment are included in your rental fee.
- Small and large containers and buckets
- Spoons and measuring cups, stirring tools, scales
- Washers, dryer
- Ironing boards, irons
- Two 14 inch gas burners
- 4 large sinks
- Hot plates, blender, microwaves
- Cleaning supplies
- Reusable drop cloths & tarps, rolled paper table cover
- Chemicals: soda ash, salt, citric acid, Synthropol, vinegar
- Gloves & Masks (we recommend that you bring your own reusable ones)
- Large raised work table and tall stools
The following items are not included in your rental fee:
- Dyes and chemicals (except those 5 mentioned above)
- Fabric or other materials to be dyed
Small amounts of dyes and chemicals are available in the Textile Center Shop for purchase.