Thank you for joining us for Textile Center’s 3rd Vintage Camp!
Saturday, February 16, 2019
Vintage Upcycled Jewelry – $40, 9:30 – 11:30 am (space limited!)
- All that is old is new again! Vintage textiles and notions will be given new life as they are turned into creative accessories. Our Vintage Upcycled Jewelry workshop kicks off this year’s Vintage Camp.
Meet and Mingle – 11 am
- Meet and mingle with speakers and visit info tables from affiliated groups, including Minnesota Lace Society and Minnesota State Button Society. Buy tickets for the Retro Raffle of vintage items. Bid on Silent Auction items.
Art Speaks Vintage Panel Presentation – $10/members, $15/nonmembers, 12 – 1 pm
- A variety of local vintage business owners, promoters, and collectors, including Hayley Matthews-Jones, founder of Mpls Vintage Market, Jean McElvain, Associate Curator at Goldstein Museum of Design, Audra Frizzell, owner of Golden Pearl Vintage, and Jamie Budnick & Ashley Lemke, co-owners of Arlee Parkwill share their thoughts and stories about vintage today.
Vintage Overdye – $40, 2 – 4 pm (space limited!)
- Join us in a festive workshop to repurpose and revive vintage textiles. Napkins, dish towels, pillowcases, and doilies will be given a new life through overdyeing. Students may bring their own vintage items or purchase them at our Vintage Camp Linenpolooza!
- Linenpalooza Sale in the Shop
- Vendor table of unique vintage finds from Marlene Gaige