HOLIDAY GALLERY SHOP
November 1 – December 24
For the Holiday Gallery Shop our store triples in size, expanding into the Joan Mondale Gallery.
Monday-Thursday, 10 am-7 pm
Friday and Saturday, 10 am-5 pm
Sunday, 12-4 pm
November 22, 10 am-5 pm
Closed: November 23, December 25, 31, January 1
Buy exquisite fiber art gifts from 100+ artists, most locally based. Gifts are available in almost every fiber art technique with choices including scarves, winter wear, jewelry, apparel, neckties, towels, blankets, vessels, wall art, and much more.
Our featured artist this year is Penny Norman of White Bear Lake, Minnesota, featuring her spectacular assortment of handmade ornaments, many made from upcycled wool sweaters!
Meet the Makers
Every Saturday 11 am – 4 pm • Artist trunk shows, demonstrations, hands-on experiences, book signings, drawings, other surprises!
- 11/11: Yarn Fest – Knitting demo and trunk show by artist Gretchen Luessenheide; trunk show of yarn and kits by Blue Sky Fibers; sale – just $6 – Youth Fiber Art Guild yarn painting and mini-knitter kits; and “yarny” prize drawings.
- 11/18: Weave Fest – Sami jewelry demo and trunk show by artist Katherine Buenger, Saori weaving demo and trunk show by artist Chiaki O’Brien, and sale – just $6 – for Youth Fiber Art Guild weaving and kumihimo kits.
- 11/24: Black/Plaid Friday Fiber Fest – Blend Your Own: Puni-style rolag with artist Nancy Bohn and “Batt Bar” with artist Susan Hensel, also demonstrating spinning. Save on Youth Fiber Art Guild drop spindle kit.
- 11/25: Small Business Saturday Stitch Fest – Free transportation on the Green Line light rail all day! Stitching demonstrations and trunk shows by artists Nina Martine Robinson, Wendie Zekowski (boro and sashiko), and Maddy Bartsch (mindful stitching.)
- 12/2: Members Day – Textile Center Members receive a 15% discount today! Needle felted birds demo with artist Karen Engelbretson and machine embroidered patches demo with artist Susan Hensel. Prize drawings every hour from 11 am – 4 pm.
- 12/9: Dye Fest – Fabric paint demo by artist Susan Stein, and visits to onsite marbling class with Shop artist Heather RJ Fletcher.
- 12/16: Youth Artist Fest – featuring “The Little Clay Baker” Zoe Marchand, and young fiber artist Johanna Nassif and others.
- 12/23: Make, Take Tour & Shop – Looking for a fun activity to do with the family or friends in town for the holidays? Sign up together for a hands-on tour of Textile Center, then learn to shibori dye and make a gift to take with you! Complete the day by shopping in our expansive artisan Holiday Gallery Shop. Register here!
It’s easy to shop at Textile Center!
• FREE hourly parking spots right out front on University Ave and on Arthur Ave (on the west side of Textile Center)
• Two free parking lots behind Textile Center on Sidney Place
• Just steps from the Prospect Park light rail stop!
The Textile Center Shop features exquisite handmade fiber art, from luscious wearables of every hue to home decor and gift items, along with books, professional art supplies and tools, fibercraft kits, and other unique finds. Your purchase supports local and national artists!
- Fiber reactive dyes
- Washfast acid dyes
- Citric acid crystals
- Soda ash (sodium carbonate)
- Alum (Aluminum Sulfate)
- Thick SH & Thick F
- Pro Urea
- Discharge paste
- Indigo dye kits
- Bengala dye kits
- Botanical Colors natural dyes, including organic indigo
- Calcium Hydroxide (pickling lime)
- Pre-reduced indigo
- Jacquard Dye-Na-Flow paints
- Jacquard Lumiere metallic paints
- Felting needles (38g)
- Woolpets needle felting kits, foam, and roving
- Dimensions felting tools
- Roving – wool, alpaca, and hand-dyed
- Silk hankies
- Blank silk scarves, cotton towels, and yarns for dying
- Merchant & Mills notions