We Are the Story – BOOK PREORDERShop, Shop Items
We Are the Story: A Visual Response to Racism
By Carolyn L. Mazloomi
Publisher: Paper Moon Publishing
Soft Cover: 220 pages
Anticipated Publication Release Date: Late May 2021
Price: $43.21 (includes tax, shipping additional)
We Are the Story: A Visual Response to Racism documents We Are the Story, a series of group and solo quilt exhibitions responding to the murder of George Floyd. Curated by Carolyn L. Mazloomi and co-presented by Textile Center and Women of Color Quilters Network, this book features more than 100 quilts in two juried exhibitions – Gone but Never Forgotten: Remembering Those Lost to Police Brutality and Racism: In the Face of Hate We Resist, as well as the solo shows I Wish I Knew How it Feels to be Free: Quilts by Dorothy Burge (Chicago, IL), Freedom Rising: I Am the Story: Quilts by L’Merchie Frazier (Boston, MA), Sacred Invocations: Quilts by Sylvia Hernandez (Brooklyn, NY), and The Protest Series: Quilts by Penny Mateer (Pittsburgh, PA).
- Price listed is regular price, including any applicable tax
- For TC Member price, add Coupon Code: member at checkout.
- Books are non-returnable.
OPTIONS FOR GETTING YOUR ORDER ONCE THE BOOKS ARE AVAILABLE:
- $7 SHIPPING Flat Fee (US Only). Select “Ship my Shop items” at checkout. Shipping will be via USPS Priority mail (2-3 days) once the books arrive at Textile Center in late May. Tracking will be emailed once the order is shipped.
- Free CURBSIDE PICK UP. Select “Shop Curbside pick up” at checkout. You will be contacted with details once the books arrive at Textile Center in late May. Curbside pick up is available during Textile Center’s open by-appointment times.
Textile Center Members save 10% off! Add Coupon Code member at checkout.