ABOUT THE HOLIDAY GALLERY SHOP
Each November and December, Textile Center more than doubles the regular footprint of our retail shop, expanding to fill the galleries with unique fiber goods for thoughtful gift-giving.
Additionally, our online shop offers convenient 24/7 shopping from any location! Shipping and pick up available.
CALL FOR ARTISTS
Join our Textile Center Shop for the holiday season!
Are you a fiber artist new to Textile Center Shop who is interested in selling your fiber art, accessories, or textile home goods in Textile Center’s expanded Holiday Gallery Shop this November and December?
Textile Center aims to be a one-stop shop for any gift-giving needs that arise this time of year. We seek to represent a diverse range of artists and products that speak to a variety of communities!
Textile Center continues its commitment to supporting Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) artists by offering a special application fee ($5) and consignment percentage (60%) for this Call for Artists.
This annual call for artists is for NEW artists to Textile Center’s Shop, or returning after 2+ years.
If you are a fiber artist currently selling your work at Textile Center Shop – no need to apply. If you have new or different work for the holiday season, please email Erin Husted, Retail and Merchandising Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a fiber artist who sold work in the Textile Center Shop within the past two years – no need to apply. Please email Erin Husted, Retail and Merchandising Manager, at email@example.com to communicate your interest.
Application fee: $10 ($5, Textile Center members and BIPOC artists)
Entry Deadline: Tuesday, September 5, 2023 at 5 pm CT
What artists should apply?
- Artists who work with fibers, textiles, or use textile techniques
- 18 years of age or older
- Nonmembers and Textile Center members
What type of fiber art is Textile Center Shop looking for?
- Gift items in any fiber form, using any textile/fiber art technique
- Gifts for all, and for any use (accessories, apparel, home, pets, etc.)
- Seasonal items (such as winter wear)
- Holiday themed fiber art items (such as ornaments and decor)
- Multiples available of submitted items – quantity depends on the item, the price, etc. Each unit may vary from another (color, design, etc.)
What criteria will submissions be juried on?
- Supports Textile Center mission to honor textile traditions, promote excellence and innovation, nurture appreciation, and inspire widespread participation in fiber art
- General appeal for gift giving
- Goods that celebrate and appeal to a wide range of communities
- Artistry and quality
- Multiple units availability
- Overall Shop assortment needs
If accepted, what are the details in the Artist Consignment Agreement?
- Artist is paid a percentage of the retail price of artwork sold in store or online – 50% for nonmembers, 60% for Textile Center members and BIPOC artists.
- Monthly payments issued by check, 30 days in arrears. (For example, payments for November sales are made in early January.)
- Local artists may drop off/pick up their work at Textile Center, based on the timetable listed below. Non-local artists are responsible for shipping/insurance costs of sending their work to Textile Center (based on the timetable listed below,) as well as return shipping/insurance costs of any remaining work in January.
- Artist assigns retail prices to all items, priced comparably to their artwork being sold at other venues. Artist will individually affix (appropriately sized) tags to each item, which will include their name and space for Textile Center’s 1 x 1.25 inch price sticker.
How does an artist apply and when is the deadline?
- Submit the Call for Entry form below and pay Call for Entry fee by the deadline: Tuesday, September 5, 2023, at 5 pm CT.
- You will receive one email confirming the submission, and a second email receipt for your payment.
- If you do not receive an email submission confirmation, first check your spam folder. If it is not in your spam folder, your application has not gone through – please try again. If you still have issues, or need help with your application, email Erin Husted at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applicants will be notified (either way by) Friday, September 15, 2023.
- Accepted artists’ initial inventory must be received at Textile Center between Wednesday, October 18, 2023 – Saturday, October 21, 2023.
- January 2023 dates for pick up or shipping will be communicated once available.
Email Erin Husted at email@example.com with any questions about the Call for Entry.