Thanks for thinking about Textile Center for your donations!
The Garage Sale in April and the Garage Sale Pop Up held in October have specified donation days. Textile Center encourages people wishing to donate items to watch for the donation days for each sale to make their donations. Please be aware that Textile Center does NOT have storage capacity for donations made outside of the Garage Sale events, and hopes that individual donors will honor the donation times for each event.
For questions regarding donations, please contact Sharon at email@example.com.
The beauty of our Garage Sales is that they:
- Raise significant financial support for Textile Center programs
- Bring together artists/makers from across the regions
- Provide fabric, yarn, notions, patterns, books, tools, machines, and more to makers and nonprofits at affordable prices
- Promote reusing, recycling, and repurposing!
Please box your donated goods and label with the appropriate category below. DO NOT pre-price your items — our volunteers will do that! If you know the fiber content of your fabric or yarn, please make note, as it will help us more quickly sort goods.
See below for what we accept & don’t accept. Questions? Call Textile Center at 612-436-0464 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Crochet and rug hooks, knitting needles, hoops, scissors, basket reed, cutting mats, rulers
- ONLY if unopened and less than a year old: dyes, paints, pigments, dye and surface design chemicals
Fabric & Batting
- Fabric must be larger than a “fat quarter,” or a one-fourth yard cut that measures roughly 18″ x 21″ (NO SCRAPS!)
- Please roll and tape smaller fabric bundles.
- Mark yardage and fiber content, if known.
- Canvas, needlework tools, kits, beads, embroidery floss & materials
- Buttons, zippers, trims, ribbons, threads, embellishments, sewing needles, etc.
Tools & Machines
- Sewing machines (please include bobbins & cords), knitting machines, sergers, etc.
- Looms (with all parts), spinning wheels
- Tools & machines must be in working condition, with all parts
Unfinished Objects (UFO’s)
- Unfinished projects: knitting, sewing, quilts, kits, etc.
Vintage Fabrics & Trims
Yarn & Roving
- Label with fiber content, if known.
We DO NOT accept…
- NO fabric scraps (Fabric must be larger than a “fat quarter,” or a one-fourth yard cut that measures roughly 18″ x 21″)
- NO finished goods (draperies, curtains, tablecloths, bed linens, etc.)
- NO dirty, moldy or smoke damaged items
- NO broken/non-working machines or tools
- NO magazines, please!