Thanks for thinking about Textile Center for your donations of textiles and fiber art supplies!
Our Garage Sales have specified donation days, and we do NOT have storage capacity to accept donations outside of these days. We hope that donors will honor the donation times for each event.
Donation days are announced via our email newsletters. Sign up to receive our newsletters here.
For questions regarding donations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donating items on our donation days? Great! Please see our donation tips below.
Please box your donated goods and label with the appropriate category below. DO NOT pre-price your items — our volunteers will do that! If you know the fiber content of your fabric or yarn, please make note, as it will help us more quickly sort goods.
See below for what we accept & don’t accept. Questions? Call Textile Center at 612-436-0464 or email email@example.com.
- Crochet and rug hooks, knitting needles, hoops, scissors, basket reed, cutting mats, rulers
- ONLY if unopened and less than a year old: dyes, paints, pigments, dye and surface design chemicals
Fabric & Batting
- Fabric must be larger than a “fat quarter,” or a one-fourth yard cut that measures roughly 18″ x 21″ (NO SCRAPS!)
- Please roll and tape smaller fabric bundles.
- Mark yardage and fiber content, if known.
- Canvas, needlework tools, kits, beads, embroidery floss & materials
- Buttons, zippers, trims, ribbons, threads, embellishments, sewing needles, etc.
Tools & Machines
- Sewing machines (please include bobbins & cords), knitting machines, sergers, etc.
- Looms (with all parts), spinning wheels
- Tools & machines must be in working condition, with all parts
Unfinished Objects (UFO’s)
- Unfinished projects: knitting, sewing, quilts, kits, etc.
Vintage Fabrics & Trims
Yarn & Roving
- Label with fiber content, if known.
We DO NOT accept…
- NO fabric scraps (Fabric must be a “fat quarter,” a one-fourth yard cut that measures roughly 18″ x 21″, or larger)
- NO finished goods (draperies, curtains, tablecloths, bed linens, etc.)
- NO dirty, moldy or smoke damaged items
- NO broken/non-working machines or tools
- NO magazines, please!
The beauty of our Garage Sales is that they:
- Raise significant financial support for Textile Center programs
- Bring together artists/makers from across the regions
- Provide fabric, yarn, notions, patterns, books, tools, machines, and more to makers and nonprofits at affordable prices
- Promote reusing, recycling, and repurposing!
Thanks for supporting Textile Center and promoting better care for our environment!