July 26 – October 15, 2022
The A Common Thread annual member exhibition is back for its 22nd year! Always a favorite, this exhibition showcased a fabulous array of fiber art created by Textile Center’s members!
Each year, over a hundred artworks adorn the walls of Textile Center’s galleries (this year, more than 130!) in this open-call member exhibition that is as diverse in technique as it is prolific in scope. Techniques include stitching, quilting, knitting, crochet, sewing, weaving, dyeing, felting, needlework, hand construction, polymer clay, lacemaking, basketry, beading, sculpture, mixed media, and more.
Join us for the opening reception! Wednesday, August 3, 5 – 7:30 pm
Indoor & outdoor public visiting spaces • Masks required indoors
This festive reception will take place throughout our facility, and we will also set up tents behind the building for refreshments. DJ Rey will return to spin the tunes, and we look forward to showcasing our dye garden, which is being tended by a terrific group of volunteers.
- Textile Center is just steps from the Prospect Park Green Line stop!
- Bike rack available on Arthur Ave
- Textile Center parking lot at 3018 University Ave SE
- Hourly street parking on Arthur Avenue and other neighborhood streets (please obey parking signs)
- University of Minnesota Prospect Park parking ramp at 390 29th Avenue SE is open to the public for $1 hr/ after 3 pm. Enter and exit on 29th Avenue SE only (see photo below)
- Carpooling and drop off/pick up encouraged!
(Image: Madonna and Child, Sean Paul Gallegos)
EXHIBITING MEMBER ARTISTS
Alejandro Jose Aguilera Duarte
Margaret Anderson Kelliher
Astrid Hilger Bennett
Susan Vroman Day
Jocelyn Suzuka Figueroa
Katherine Simon Frank
Sean Paul Gallegos
Jan Marie Hayman
Margaret Mousley Kielty
Cyndi Kaye Meier
Dawn Marie Perault
Helen Smith Stone
Barbara Whitney Askew
Rebecca Yaker Bird
Exhibitions are supported in part by funds from the Joan Mondale Gallery Endowment.