Here are 6 things you might not know about the Textile Center Ellen Erede Wells Dye Lab:
- It’s a benefit of membership! Click here to see how to become a member.
- We have a dye lab training sessions scheduled every month to teach you everything you need to know about renting the lab. Please register in advance!
- After taking the training, you can rent the lab for all of your own messy dye projects.
- The dye lab has equipment to make it a safe space for you to work in. This includes 4 ventilation hoods, eye wash station, and fire extinguisher.
- The steam cabinet in the lab can hold 18 yards of fabric and steam it all at once.
- The 40-gallon dye vat in the lab is a re-purposed bagel cooker. The steam jacketed design is ideal for keeping a dye bath at a consistent temperature.
Pictured: fabric dyed by Susan Antell