Use the Dye Lab
Here are 6 things you might not know about the Textile Center Ellen Erede Wells Dye Lab:
- It’s a benefit of membership! Click here to see how to become a member.
- We have a dye lab training sessions scheduled every month to teach you everything you need to know about renting the lab. Please register in advance! See this page for upcoming dye lab trainings.
- After taking the training, you can rent the lab for all of your own messy dye projects.
- The dye lab has equipment to make it a safe space for you to work in. This includes 4 ventilation hoods, eye wash station, and fire extinguisher.
- The steam cabinet in the lab can hold 18 yards of fabric and steam it all at once.
- The 40-gallon dye vat in the lab is a re-purposed bagel cooker. The steam jacketed design is ideal for keeping a dye bath at a consistent temperature.