We Are the Story: A Visual Response to Racism BookShop, Shop Items
We Are the Story: A Visual Response to Racism
By Carolyn L. Mazloomi
Publisher: Paper Moon Publishing
Soft Cover: 220 pages
Initial Release Date: May 19, 2021
Price: $43.21 (includes tax, shipping additional)
We Are the Story: A Visual Response to Racism documents We Are the Story, a series of group and solo quilt exhibitions responding to the murder of George Floyd. Curated by Carolyn L. Mazloomi and co-presented by Textile Center and Women of Color Quilters Network, this book features more than 100 quilts in two juried exhibitions – Gone but Never Forgotten: Remembering Those Lost to Police Brutality and Racism: In the Face of Hate We Resist, as well as the solo shows I Wish I Knew How it Feels to be Free: Quilts by Dorothy Burge (Chicago, IL), Freedom Rising: I Am the Story: Quilts by L’Merchie Frazier (Boston, MA), Sacred Invocations: Quilts by Sylvia Hernandez (Brooklyn, NY), and The Protest Series: Quilts by Penny Mateer (Pittsburgh, PA).
- Price listed is regular price, including any applicable tax
- For Textile Center Member price, add Coupon Code: member at checkout.
- Books are non-returnable.
OPTIONS FOR GETTING YOUR ORDER:
- $8 SHIPPING Flat Fee (US Only). Select “Ship my Shop items” at checkout. Shipping will be via USPS Priority mail (2-3 days.) Tracking will be emailed once the order is shipped.
- Free CURBSIDE PICK UP. Select “Shop Curbside pick up” at checkout. You will be contacted by email once your order is ready for pick up. Curbside pick up is available during Textile Center’s open times, via the front door on University Ave SE.
Textile Center Members save 10% off! Add Coupon Code member at checkout.