Interlace: Sashiko- Adventures in Stitching • October 28 – December 9 • SOLD OUT!
Adult, Adult Classes, Digital Classes
**THIS CLASS IS SOLD OUT. To join the waitlist, please call 612-436-0464.
Wednesdays, October 28, November 4, 11, 18, and December 2 and 9, 1 – 3 pm (no class November 25)
Join us for this sequential DIGITAL 6-Week LIVE ZOOM class that presents students with a comprehensive introduction to the world of Sashiko. Sashiko is a form of Japanese embroidery using small basic running stitches to create a background pattern on cloth. It is also used in contemporary textiles as a form of embellishment on cloth, and in the popular form of Boro, it is used as a method of repair by stitching scraps of fabric down with small sashiko stitches. Learn the basic stitches, work with different types of threads, create designs, and experiment with developing your own ideas about using this stitching process. The class will culminate with an exhibition of projects in Textile Center’s Library Gallery, January – March 2021.
Generous scholarships are available. Select your tuition level from the sliding scale in the pop up list below. A supply kit of materials is provided as part of the generous grant from Aroha Philanthropies as part of their Seeding Vitality Arts program. Please have a pen, pencil, paper, ruler or tape measure, and a scissor and an iron available for use during each class.
Sandra Brick is a trainer, coach, and educator with over 21 years of experience with the Textile Center as both an instructor and former board member. She has designed and developed 35+ workshops and courses in a diverse range of topics such as fabric dyeing, design theory, beading, creative problem solving, and technology workshops for artists. Brick’s explorations in new materials and techniques have inspired her innovative body of work in surface design, stitching and mixed media, which has been widely exhibited. texturedelements.com
- IMPORTANT: Supply kits need to be picked up at Textile Center, OR can be shipped to you for a $15 flat rate fee as part of the cost of your registration.
- When selecting your registration option from the drop down menu, please indicate Curbside pick-up or Shipped supplies for your supply kit. Then, when you check out, under SHIPPING in your shopping cart, please check “Class Registration: No Shipping Required”, to avoid an additional shipping charge.
- SHIPPED KITS:
- Kits will be shipped to the address on your registration, if you have selected any of the shipping options with your tuition.
- CURBSIDE PICKUP:
- Kit pick-up will available curbside, at Textile Center, 7 days prior to the first class session. Curbside pickup hours are between 11 am – 3 pm, Tuesday – Saturday.
- Zoom links will be sent to participants 7 days prior to the first class session.
Want to become a member and receive the member price when you register? Click HERE to check out our membership levels, add a membership to the cart, and save 10% on all classes plus other benefits, including supporting a great organization!
$60.00 – $240.00
Due to the nature of digital access to the classes and distribution of supplies, refunds will not be processed if you cancel your registration in less than 14 days before the start of class.
If your notice of withdrawal or tuition transfer is received at least 7 days before the start of your workshop, you will receive a refund of your workshop payment, minus a $25 processing fee. There is no refund of workshop or processing fees if notice of withdrawal or tuition transfer is received less than 7 days before the start of your workshop. We will be happy to provide you with a receipt for your donation to Textile Center.
Member with shipped supplies, Member- Curbside pick-up for supplies, Non-member with shipped supplies, Non-member- Curbside pick-up for supplies, 25% Scholarship- Curbside pick-up for supplies, 25% Scholarship with shipped supplies, 50% Scholarship- Curbside pick-up for supplies, 50% Scholarship with shipped supplies, 75% Scholarship- Curbside pick-up for supplies, 75% Scholarship with shipped supplies