NOTE: There is an entry fee of $25 to help defray exhibition costs. Once you’ve clicked SUBMIT at the bottom of the form, you will be redirected to the shopping cart to complete payment. You will receive confirmations for BOTH the application and the payment via email.
Since this is our annual member’s show, you will be contacted if your membership has lapsed or if you need to join. Or, simply add your membership to the shopping cart before you check out by clicking on MEMBERSHIP. Your membership needs to be current on the opening day of the exhibition, July 6, 2021.
2021 Important Dates:
- Entry Open Date: Monday, April 5, 2021
- Entry Deadline: 5:00 pm, Monday, May 31, 2021
- Artwork Delivery Time and Dates: Textile Center business hours, Tuesday – Thursday, June 22 – 24, 2021, 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Exhibition Run: Tuesday, July 6 – Saturday, October 16, 2021
- Art Work Pick-up: Tuesday – Thursday, October 19 – 21, 2021; Work requiring return shipment will be sent out November 3 – 5, 2021
- Loan Period: June 22 – October 21, 2021
- Exhibition Opens: Tuesday, July 6, 2021; No public reception scheduled at this time, due to COVID-19
2021 Important Artist Information:
- Work must be finished at the time of receipt of the application. The piece entered in the application will be the piece that will be exhibited at Textile Center.
- Work must not have been made prior to 2019.
- Piece submitted must be fiber art-related. The definition of fiber art, for the purposes of this exhibition, is art that is created using any materials, techniques, or sensibilities that are traditionally thought of as related to fiber. Materials can be natural or synthetic, and can include things such as plastic and metal. Examples of technique can include but are not limited to: weaving, quilting, knitting, sewing, dyeing, felting, stitching, needlework, lace making, basketry, beading, interlacing, knotting, crochet, surface design, printing. The work can be conceptual, functional, wearable, installation-based, sculptural, production oriented, craft, fine art, etc.
- A high resolution photograph of the piece to be exhibited must accompany the application. File format: JPEG only. File dimensions: No smaller than 1920 pixels on the longest side. File resolution: AT LEAST 96 ppi/dpi (NEW standard web resolution). File size: 2 MB maximum. Most iPhones and smart phones can take photos at this resolution.
- Maximum size for 2-dimensional pieces is a total perimeter measurement (around all sides of the piece) of no more than 144 inches, frame included. This must also include the space necessary between segments of diptychs or other multiple piece works.
- For 3-dimensional pieces such as sculpture, the maximum size is 36 inches by 36 inches by 36 inches (or proportional- H x W x D added together cannot exceed 108″)
- Garments and wearable art must be life-sized or smaller.
- All hardware must be included. Framed work must have a hanging wire that does not show. All fabric pieces must have a hanging sleeve sewn in with a hanging stick that, assuming it is not featured as an element of the art, does not show beyond the sides of the piece. If a hanging wire is used, it must not extend above the top of the work.
- All work requiring return shipment to artists by Textile Center requires a prepaid shipping label, included with reusable packing material for safe shipment.
For questions, please contact Raye Cordes, Education and Exhibitions Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Image: Chromatic Wave by Susan Hensel