NOTE: There is a new entry fee of $25 to help defray exhibition costs. Please FIRST click “add to cart,” on the $25 above and THEN proceed to the submission form below. Once you’ve clicked SUBMIT at the bottom of the form, click on your cart in the upper right hand to complete payment. You will receive confirmation via email.
2018 Important Dates
- NEW Entry Deadline: Sunday, November 26, 2017
- Artwork Due Dates: Monday, December 18 – Friday, December 22, 2017
- Loan Period: December 18, 2017 – March 16, 2018
- Exhibition opens: Monday, January 8, 2018
- Artist Reception: Wednesday, January 10, 2018
- Exhibition Run: Monday, January 8 – Saturday, March 10, 2018
- Pick-up / Return Shipping: Monday, March 12– Thursday, March 16, 2018
2018 Important Information
- Work must be finished at the time of receipt of the application. The piece entered in the application will be the piece that will be exhibited at Textile Center.
- Piece submitted must be fiber art-related. The definition of fiber art, according to Fiber Art Now magazine, is “Art that is created using natural or synthetic fibers or techniques that are traditionally thought of as related to fiber. Only one of these – fiber materials or fiber techniques – must be present for work to fall into the broad category known as ‘fiber art.'” Examples of techniques include weaving, quilting, knitting, sewing, dyeing, felting, needlework, lace making, basketry, beading. Techniques could also include use of materials such as polymer clay and metal.
- A high resolution photograph of the piece to be exhibited must accompany the application. File format: JPEG only. File dimensions: No smaller than 1920 pixels on the longest side. File resolution: 72 ppi/dpi (standard web resolution). File size: 5 MB maximum. Most iPhones and smart phones can take photos at this resolution.
- The measurement requirements are absolute. Maximum size for 2-dimensional pieces is a total perimeter measurement of no more than 144 inches, frame included. This must also include the space necessary between segments of diptychs or other multiple piece works. For 3-dimensional pieces such as sculpture, the maximum size is 36 inches by 36 inches by 36 inches. Garments and wearable art must be lifesized or smaller.
- All hardware must be included, e.g. framed work must have a hanging wire that does not show. All fabric pieces must have a hanging sleeve sewn in with a hanging stick that, assuming it is not featured as an element of the art, does not show beyond the sides of the piece.
For questions, please contact Tracy Krumm. Consultant, Artistic Advancement, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please FIRST click “add to cart,” on the $25 above and THEN proceed to the submission form below. Once you’ve clicked SUBMIT at the bottom of the form, click on your cart in the upper right hand to complete payment. You will receive confirmation via email.
Pictured: Spring Begins by Rebecca Smith