Interested in selling your work in our expanded Holiday Gallery Shop this November/December? Apply here!
Instructions and Information
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Artists new to Textile Center Shop, or returning after 5 year absence.
- All fiber artwork must be executed by the applicant.
- Original designs preferred – or indicate pattern designer or source.
- Textile Center membership not required, however members save $5 off the Call for Entry fee, and receive a greater consignment percentage (see below). Join or renew here.
- Fiber art gift items in any fiber, using any textile technique.
- Gifts for women, men, children, and home; seasonal items (such as winter accessories); and holiday themed items.
- Applicants may submit up to three categories or items to be juried.
- Submissions for each category/item must include a basic description, materials & technique used, description details, and retail selling price(s).
- Each category submitted will require a professional-looking digital image in jpeg format (less than 1 MG in size). Image may show multiple items from that category.
- Applicants – tell us your fiber art story. Enter your biography/artist statement of 60-100 words, written in third person.
- Product samples only by Textile Center request.
- Jury fee ($25; Textile Center Members, $20) paid on-line on secure site via credit card at the completion of the on-line form.
Selection is based on the following criteria:
- Relationship to Textile Center mission: to honor textile traditions, promote excellence and innovation, and inspire widespread participation in fiber art.
- General appeal for gift giving
- Overall Shop assortment needs
- Note: Image quality will impact jury decisions
ACCEPTED ARTISTS/CONSIGNMENT AGREEMENT
- Accepted artist signs a Consignment Agreement with Textile Center.
- Artist paid a percentage of the retail price of artwork sold in November and December. (50%; TC members 60%)
- Artist is responsible for any shipping costs of artwork to/from Textile Center.
- Opportunities for accepted artists to participate in trunk shows/demonstrations during November and December.
SCHEDULE & SUBMISSION PROCESS
- Submissions deadline: Thursday, August 30, 2018 at 11:59 pm.
- All applicants notified by Friday September 14, 2018.
- Accepted artists’ initial inventory must arrive at, or be delivered to, Textile Center between Wednesday, October 17 – Saturday, October 20, 2018.
- Complete online Call for Entry form (below) by Thursday, August 30, 2018 at 11:59 pm.
- Once you click “submit,” you will be directed to a payment page for the Jury Fee ($25; TC Members $20). You will receive one email containing your payment receipt, confirming your jury payment/entry.
- Your application for the Holiday Gallery Shop is not complete until your jury fee payment is received.
- If you do not receive an email receipt, first check your spam folder. If not in your spam folder, your application has not gone through. Either try again, or contact Textile Center/Nancy Gross.
- Email Nancy Gross, Director of Administration, at email@example.com.
- If you have sold at Textile Center Shop within 5 years, before applying please contact Nancy Gross (firstname.lastname@example.org) regarding your interest.
- Current, year-round, contracted Textile Center Shop artists: do not fill out online form – email Nancy Gross regarding any new holiday inventory.
Once you’ve submitted the form, you will be redirected to the payment page. Once payment is processed, you will receive one email receipt for your submission/payment.
Pictured: Holiday Gallery Shop 2017