Each November and December, Textile Center more than triples the regular footprint of our artisan retail Shop, expanding to fill the galleries with exquisite fiber art, just in time for gift giving. Additionally, our Online Shop offers convenient 24/7 shopping from any location, with shipping and curbside pick up options.
We offer this annual Call for Entry to fiber artists new to Textile Center Shop.
Textile Center continues its commitment to supporting Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) artists by offering a special entry fee ($5) and consignment percentage (60%) for this Call for Entry.
Are you a fiber artist new to Textile Center Shop who is interested in selling your fiber art, accessories, or textile home goods in Textile Center’s expanded Holiday Gallery Shop this November and December? Apply using the form below! (Or, if you know a fiber artist, please forward this opportunity to them.)
If you are a fiber artist currently selling your work at Textile Center Shop – no need to apply. If you have new or different work for the holiday season, please email Nancy Gross at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a fiber artist who sold work in the Textile Center Shop within the past 5 years – no need to apply. Please email Nancy Gross at email@example.com to communicate your interest.
Call for Entry Fee: $10 ($5, Textile Center members and BIPOC artists)
Deadline: Monday, September 6, 2021 at 11 pm CT
What artists should apply?
- Artists who work with fibers, textiles or use textile techniques
- We especially welcome BIPOC fiber artists to apply
- 18 years of age or older
- Nonmembers and Textile Center members
What type of fiber art is Textile Center Shop looking for?
- Gift items in any fiber form, using any textile/fiber art technique
- Gifts for all, and for any use (accessories, apparel, home, pets, etc.)
- Seasonal items (such as winter wear)
- Holiday themed fiber art items (such as ornaments and decor)
- Multiples available of submitted items – quantity depends on the item, the price, etc. Each unit may vary from another (color, design, etc.)
What information will be needed in this application?
- Submit up to three different types of items to be juried
- Include: item description, materials used, techniques used, and retail selling price(s)
- Professional-looking digital image in jpeg format (less than 1 MB in size) – image may show multiple versions of the same item/design. (Digital images may be shot with a smartphone or tablet.)
- Product samples only by Textile Center request
- Short biography/artist statement, 100 words max, written in third person. What do you do, how did you learn, what do you love about fiber art?
What criteria will submissions be juried on?
- Supports Textile Center mission: To honor textile traditions, promote excellence and innovation, and inspire widespread participation in fiber art
- General appeal for gift giving
- Artistry and quality
- Multiple units availability
- Overall Shop assortment needs
If accepted, what are the details in Artist Consignment Agreement?
- Artist is paid a percentage of the retail price of artwork sold in store or online – 50% for nonmembers, 60% for Textile Center members and BIPOC artists. Monthly payments made by check, 30 days in arrears. (For example, payments for November sales are made in early January.)
- Local artists may drop off/pick up their work at Textile Center, based on the timetable listed below. Non-local artists are responsible for shipping/insurance costs of sending their work to Textile Center (based on the timetable listed below,) as well as return shipping/insurance costs of any remaining work in January.
- Artist assigns retail prices to all items, priced comparably to their artwork being sold at other venues. Artist will individually affix (appropriately sized) tags to each item, which will include their name and space for Textile Center’s 1 x 1.25 inch price sticker.
How does an artist apply and when is the deadline?
- Submit the Call for Entry form (below) by the deadline: Monday, September 6, 2021 at 5 pm CT and pay Call for Entry fee.
- You will receive one email confirming the submission, and a second email receipt for your payment.
- If you do not receive an email submission confirmation, first check your spam folder. If it is not in your spam folder, your application has not gone through – please try again. If you still have issues, or need help with your application, contact Nancy Gross at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All applicants will be notified (either way by) Friday, September 17, 2021.
- Accepted artists’ initial inventory must be received at Textile Center between Wednesday, October 20, 2021 – Saturday, October 23, 2021.
- January 2022 dates for pick up or shipping will be communicated once available.