A pop-up celebration of fiber and thrift – located at Textile Center!
Are you an artist, student, crafter, church group, guild doing charity work, or just love a bargain? Here’s how it works: Individuals and businesses have donated fabric, yarn, thread, notions, kits, patterns, magazines, books, beads, buttons and tools – an auditorium full of fiber finds! These treasures are then resold at garage sale prices to YOU. Donations are tax deductible, & it all benefits Textile Center’s programs.
HOW TO DONATE
When: Thursday, October 5, 9 am– 1 pm
Where: Textile Center
Please enter Textile Center’s parking lot from Arthur Ave (if you’re traveling east on University, take a right on Arthur Ave; if you’re going west, take a left on Malcolm, right on Sidney, right on Arthur).
HOW TO SHOP
The Preview Sale
Beat the crowds, enjoy music from D.J. Rey, and refreshments! The Preview Sale offers the first chance at all the goods the Garage Sale has to offer.
When: Friday, October 6, 6 – 8 pm
In advance: $15 / $10 for Textile Center Members. $20 at the door.
The best mini-Textile Garage Sale under the sun!
When: Saturday, October 7, 10 am – 4 pm
Cash, check, Visa and Mastercard credit cards are accepted at the Garage Sale Pop Up.
Please note: there is no Bag Sale at the Pop Up! We will feature the “Oval Room” of premium merchandise like sewing machines.
The Garage Sale is a zero waste event; please BYOBag or box!
HOW TO VOLUNTEER
We couldn’t do it without you! Click on the day(s) you wish to volunteer below.
Volunteer on Saturday, October 7 – A new feature of this year’s event is that Saturday volunteers get free entry to the Friday night Preview Sale! We will stash your Preview Sale purchases until after your Saturday shift.
Contact Sharon with volunteer questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Textile Center’s World’s Largest Textile Garage Sale will be held at the U of M ReUse Program Warehouse from April 12-14, 2018!
Click here for more information.
Please price your items in advance if possible. We appreciate your time!
- Fabric (no small scraps)
- sewing & fiber art notions, thread, buttons
- needles, crochet hooks, & fiber art tools
- books related to fiber art, including sewing, knitting, patterns, etc
- working sewing machines – please include spool(s) of thread if your machine is threaded up
- working knitting machines
- working weaving looms (with all parts)
- needlework tools & materials
- trims, ribbons, embellishments
- felt, wool fleece
- ONLY if unopened and less than a year old: dyes, paints, pigments, dye and surface design chemicals
We do not accept…
- finished goods (clothing, bed linens, etc)
- magazines – please contact our Librarian in advance before donating magazines at 612-436-0464 or email@example.com
- fabric scraps smaller than a fat quarter
- dirty, moldy or smoke damaged items
- broken/non-working machines or tools