At a Glance
Where: Textile Center
3000 University Ave SE, Mpls
- Thursday, October 4, 3–7 pm
- Bring donations to the parking lot behind Textile Center (enter on Arthur Ave)
- Friday, October 5, 6–8 pm
- Admission: $15/$10 members in advance. $20 at the door.
- Buy your tickets now!
Textile Garage Sale
- Saturday, October 6, 9 am–4 pm
- Members Only Hour: 9–10 am
- General Public: 10 am–4 pm
- Admission: $1
A pop-up celebration of fiber and thrift – located at Textile Center!
Are you an artist, student, crafter, church group, guild doing charity work, or just love a bargain? Here’s how it works: Individuals and businesses have donated fabric, yarn, thread, notions, kits, patterns, magazines, books, beads, buttons and tools – an auditorium full of fiber finds! These treasures are then resold at garage sale prices to YOU. Donations are tax deductible, & it all benefits Textile Center’s programs.
Our Spring event, The World’s Largest Textile Garage Sale, will be held at the U of M ReUse Center April 10-13, 2019! More info here.
HOW TO DONATE
When: Thursday, October 4, 3 – 7 pm
Where: Textile Center – via our parking lot behind our building.
Please enter Textile Center’s parking lot from Arthur Ave. (If you’re traveling east on University, take a right on Arthur Ave; if you’re going west, take a left on Malcolm, right on Sidney, right on Arthur).
HOW TO SHOP
The Preview Sale
Beat the crowds, enjoy music from D.J. Rey, and refreshments! The Preview Sale offers the first chance at all the goods the Garage Sale has to offer.
When: Friday, October 5, 6 – 8 pm
Admission: $15 /$10 member in advance. $20 at the door.
The best mini-Textile Garage Sale under the sun!
When: Saturday, October 6, 9 am – 4 pm
Members Only from 9 am – 10 am; opens to General Public at 10 am!
Cash, check, Visa, Amex, Discover, and Mastercard credit cards are accepted at the Garage Sale Pop Up.
Please note: there is no Bag Sale at the Pop Up! We will feature the “Oval Room” of premium merchandise like sewing machines.
The Garage Sale is a zero waste event; please BYOBag or box!
HOW TO VOLUNTEER
We couldn’t do it without you! Donations begin rolling in on Thursday afternoon, and we need your help setting up and sorting through all of the textile treasures!
Saturday volunteers are invited to attend the Friday Preview Sale for free. If you would like to stash any sale items, your selections will be held until after the completion of your volunteer shifts on Saturday.
To sign up for a shift, select a date below:
Contact Sharon with volunteer questions at email@example.com
We are a zero waste event! Please pack donations in recyclable/seal-able boxes or totes.
- Fabric (NO scraps smaller than a fat quarter)
- sewing & fiber art notions, thread, buttons
- needles, crochet hooks, fiber art tools
- books related to fiber art – including sewing, knitting, patterns, etc
- working sewing machines – please include spool(s) of thread if your machine is threaded up
- working knitting machines
- working weaving looms (with all parts)
- needlework tools & materials
- trims, ribbons, embellishments
- felt, wool fleece
- ONLY if unopened and less than a year old: dyes, paints, pigments, dye and surface design chemicals
We do not accept…
- fabric scraps smaller than a fat quarter – NO SCRAPS, PLEASE!
- finished goods (clothing, bed linens, etc)
- magazines – please contact our Librarian in advance before donating magazines at 612-436-0464 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- dirty, moldy or smoke damaged items
- broken/non-working machines or tools
Please price your items in advance if possible. We appreciate your time!
- Price in whole dollar amounts only.
- Use permanent ink to clearly mark prices on stickers or tape, and fasten securely.
- Consider the item’s age and condition, and assign a value approximately 25% to 50% of the original cost. If you know the fiber content and yardage, include it on your label.
- Do NOT price patterns.
- Package or bundle your small items. Place ribbons, buttons, or fabric scraps larger than a fat quarter in a securely sealed, clear plastic bag. Then, price them all together.